Grey’s Anatomy Fan Predictions

Annie Ward '17, Writer

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Shonda Rhimes, the creator of the popular show, Grey’s Anatomy, has never allowed for a dull moment at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. On November 19th, Shonda left us with more cliffhangers than ever before. However, this time Grey’s Anatomy fans have to wait more than just a week for answers; they have to wait all the way until February 11th! With so many questions brewing in our heads we decided to ask some of Grey’s Anatomy’s biggest fans, Susan Dawson, Sabrina Caravello, and Lindsay Cobb, what their predictions are for how the show will answer each question.  

Here is what Susan had to say when I asked her a few questions:

Do you think Jo will accept Alex’s proposal?

Yes! Jo and Alex obviously love each other a lot, even though they are in a fight at the moment. There is a strong possibility that she will say no initially, but I think they will eventually end up getting married.

Do you think Jackson and April will work things out and get back together? Or will Jackson say he wants a divorce?

I’m really not sure on this one. Jackson and April have a lot of history and will always love each other, but I don’t know if Jackson will ever be able to truly forgive April and her selfishness in choosing to take another tour. This is the one thing I am most excited to see play out.

Fun Question: If you could only bring back one character to the show (they could have died or just left the show) who would it be and why?

This one is so hard! I think my obvious and boring answer would be Derek. I miss Meredith and Derek together, and I really wish he could have been there to see his new baby girl. His death was so sudden and heartbreaking to everyone. Besides Derek, I think it would be a tie between Cristina and George. I would chose Cristina because she was hilarious, real, and her relationship with Meredith is irreplaceable, as well as I miss her and Owen together. I would chose George because he was frankly adorable and had so much potential. It would be interesting to see where he would be if he was in the current season. (sorry, this kinda defeated the purpose of only choosing one, but any true Grey’s fan can’t chose just one!!)

Sabrina (a number one fan of Jackson Avery and April Kepner) had similar views to Susan:

I am Japrils #1 fan and I truly hope they can make things work. But Jackson did move out and seems to avoid every chance he gets to talk to April, which makes me think a divorce is in the future.

Do you think Meredith and Amelia will be able to reconcile after their fight? Or will Meredith and Amelia never get along?

Meredith and Amelia will most definitely be able to reconcile. After Christina leaving, and Derek dying Amelia is the closest thing to a “person” that Meredith has. The two are notorious for their arguments, but in the end I know they will put their problems aside because they are sisters.

I would 100% bring back Derek Shepherd. To be honest I think that without him Grey’s Anatomy isn’t really Grey’s Anatomy. Derek held everyone together, and ever since he left it seems the whole hospital is in chaos. I miss watching his flawless surgeries, and admiring his perfect hair; and no matter how many new doctors come to Seattle Grace no one will ever be Mcdreamy.

Lindsay:

What do you think will happen with Owen, Amelia, and Meredith? Will the three of them be able to get along with Meredith acting as Owen’s “person”?

I think Owen and Amelia will end up together and she can become his person. I don’t think Meredith with stay that close with him.

Why do you think Owen has an issue with Riggs?

I think Riggs is Owens half brother but never knew about until later. When Owen found out he was hurt and pissed. (One Tree Hill scenario)

Christina because she was the funniest and the best doctor. She was also the least annoying about drama and was never afraid to offend people.
Unfortunately we cannot bring back our favorite characters from the dead (RIP Derek) or from Switzerland (we miss you Cristina) but we can finally get answers to our questions on February 11th 8|7c on ABC!  Make sure you tune in and Happy Grey’s Watching!