Fall Favorites

Annie ward '17, Writer

13 Reasons to Get Excited for Fall

We at The Roar are in the swing of the season, and loving it!! Here’s a list of our top ten favorite things about the wonderful time of Autumn:

1. Season Premieres

Although Netflix can save many of us from being deprived of our favorite characters when they leave us in the spring, it’s time for a whole new season of our favorite TV shows!  Who is excited for a whole new season of plot twists and funny moments from any one of your favorite programs?

1. Changing Colors

Autumn is arguably one of the most beautiful seasons … it even has a beautiful name!  When you go outside, try to take in your lovely surroundings; look around at the changing colors on the trees and the leaves that have fallen to the ground. If you drive by houses, you may even see a few pumpkins or Jack-o’-lanterns sitting on the porches.  

1. Pumpkins, Pumpkins, and more Pumpkins!

Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and just plain old pumpkins!  Who doesn’t love them? Walk into any Starbucks or Peet’s this month and buy a Pumpkin Spice Latte or a delicious Pumpkin Scone!

1. Holidays

Get excited for choosing your Halloween costume this year… remember this special night only comes once a year, so pick wisely! Thanksgiving is the time to be thankful for everything we have, so make sure to take some time this fall to appreciate your family and friends!

1. Rain

In a drought, we excitedly anticipate the first rain showers of the season because the air always smells fresh and clean afterwards!  Make sure to get those rain boots and rain jackets ready because El Niño is coming soon!

1. Football

If you are a fan of a high school, college, or NFL football team, fall is the best time for you!  Get ready to cheer on your favorite players because the season has just kicked off!

1. Pumpkin Patch Adventures

Who doesn’t love picking out a pumpkin any shape or size?  Grab some friends and take a road trip to a patch near you to pick out a pumpkin to get in the Halloween spirit! And you can ride a tractor or do the corn maze while you’re at it!

1. Cold Weather

Even if seeing those #sweaterweather tweets all the time can be extremely annoying, we all know deep down inside that everyone rejoices when they put away short sleeved shirts and pull out cuddly sweaters, North Face or Patagonia jackets, and UGG boots!

1. Delicious Food

Roasted turkeys, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, and squashes … need we say more? Fall brings a whole new selection of food with it!

1. Cozy Movie Nights

Don’t be too sad when the warm weather leaves us, because the cold weather is now an excuse to stay inside and curl up and watch loads of movies!  Pull out those childhood classics, or try a new movie this fall!  The newest editions of James Bond and Star Wars are hitting theaters soon – who else is pumped?!