Ask Agatha: First Edition

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ask Agatha: First Edition

Anonymous, Writer

We’re bringing back a fan-favorite from the good old days of The Roar – “Ask Agatha”, a helpful and humorous anonymous advice column is back! If you have any questions for the next edition of Ask Agatha, submit them to the box in the front office or here on our website! Here’s our first set of questions and answers:

“What is Homecoming? I’ve heard a little about it but I don’t know what it is. If no one asks me, do I not get to go?”

Homecoming is a big football game between MC and their rival. Following this big game is a homecoming dance in the gym. It’s okay if no one asks you; you are still allowed to go! Having a date is not a requirement and in my opinion its much more fun to go with your friends.

“My parents are pressuring me to think about what colleges I want to apply to and what I want to do with my life and I have absolutely no clue. I don’t even know if I want to go to college! What can I tell them to make them give me my space?”

Don’t start thinking about college yet! It’s nice to begin to visit and start thinking about them during your junior and senior years. Just do your best in school now, and you will have more options and less stressful years to come. Talk to your parents and let them know that you don’t want to start thinking about that yet, but you will work very hard and will look into them as an upperclassman. College is a big deal and you don’t want to get too involved too early, or else you will get overwhelmed.

“I’m a young junior late to getting my driver’s license and I REALLY don’t want to park on Sophomore Hill. What should I do?”

Unfortunately, unless you want to buy a spot in Junior or Senior Lot off of your friend, you are stuck on the dreaded hill. But if you end up parking at the top of hill, you can set up a carpool system with a friend who parks in Junior or Senior Lot, and they might be able to drive you to the top.

“I didn’t make the sports team that I really wanted to. Are there any other ways that I can get involved at MC?”

Of course there are! To begin, there is always Lawson on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is free and an awesome way to stay in shape if you aren’t playing a sport. Just head down to the football stadium before or after school. If you didn’t get to sign up for your favorite club at Club Rush, don’t worry! You can always email the leader and ask to join. Winter season will begin soon, so if you didn’t get to play a fall sport, there are still other sports you can play in November.